Thursday, April 19, 2018

Believe it or not, Beach Bunny's got me interested in "Sports!"


It's gonna finally be warm outside today! So let's break out some beach pop!

I was digging through the bill VARSITY is playing on at The Empty Bottle for their record release show Friday, and decided to check out this tune by Chicago band Beach Bunny.

Judging by their band photo they look impossibly young, but their music is super catchy and super accomplished. Much like the Hatchie track I shared yesterday, their sound definitely has deep roots in '90s indie pop, something I'm a total sucker for.

I was digging through their discography and from what I can tell, the band started out as the solo project of singer/guitarist Lili Trifilio, but the single below and their most recent EP feature a full band. It's all pretty good stuff though, so if you dig "Sports" you might want to tour their whole collection as well.

I have plans on Friday night, so I don't know if I can make it to the show, but if I do you can be sure I'll get there early enough to check these folks out. And if not, I'll definitely be at their next show!

No comments: