Monday, March 05, 2018

The horizon looks bright.


It's been a really weird last couple of days, but in a really good way. Oddly for me, it's nothing I can really talk about right now—I know the irony in that statement coming from a guy who has a tendency to overshare. But it's all good stuff. Getting through the flood definitely filled me with a new sense of balance, and a number of other recent positive developments have also given me a rosier view of the future. It's been a pretty dark couple of months so this is a welcome change in perspective. I KNOW it sounds like a terrible cliché, but sometimes you really do have to go through incredibly rough times to appreciate what the world has to offer outside of its challenges.

I went to a party with a friend over the weekend, populated with people I had never met, and had a really good time. It reminded me to get out of my comfort zone, and that hanging out with other adults who have pretty much zero in common with me is a healthy thing. I think over the last few months I've probably retreated too much into familiar settings that haven't been the greatest as far as growing and moving forward. I don't have to give those things up, but I'm learning I shouldn't lean on them so heavily.

In completely unrelated news, here's my favorite ad from last night's Academy Awards broadcast.

No comments: