Tuesday, January 16, 2018

The future is uncertain, but that's OK.

I took down a bunch of photos from the walls this weekend and replaced them with concert shots and tour posters. I meant to do it weeks ago but just never got around to it. It definitely helped reframe the feel of my house.

As any even casual reader would know, it’s been a rough couple of months. But I’m beginning to come to peace with the turbulence. I still make dumb moves, and get sucked into internal wormholes of doubt from time to time, but mostly I’m doing OK.

I’ve been thinking I want another dog, but then I visit friends with dogs and remember just how dependent they are, and how much they can restrict your movement. Which, believe me, is a deal totally worth making! But right now isn’t the right time, so instead I occasionally I force Pickle the Kitten to cuddle with me. And she does, even if it’s just for 5 minutes before she gets annoyed and decides it’s time to move on.

I still keep the house neat, hearing that ghost voice alerting me to clean up anything that starts resembling a collective pile of stuff, and I think that’s probably good. Tidiness is good. Routine is good.

Sorry, am I getting all emo on you?

Here's a good pick-me-up tune from my pals in Textbook. The first time I heard it I was like, this is what Uncle Tuelpo's first album might have sounded like had they gone on the poppier side of punk, instead of the more SST vein. Enjoy it.

No comments: