Friday, January 26, 2018

Getting out of my own way.

There was a recent personal relationship where I kept mentally fighting with another dude for getting in the way of my happiness. Everything that went wrong was his fault, in my mind.

It wasn't until recently that I realized this dude wasn't a bad dude. He is actually probably a pretty good guy! The only person getting in the way of my happiness was me. My own petty and selfish actions were causing all the turbulence, not him.

The last three months have been amazingly difficult for me, personally. But I take moments of realization like this as a sign that I'm progressing and that things will get better. As long as I can get out of my own way.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Having these moments of clarity and release of negativity is healing. However! I don't know I'd go so far as to say he may be a good guy. He's complicit.