Monday, November 13, 2017

How much new music did I listen to in October 2017? Let's find out!

Sitting in judgement.
Well, this was a tad delayed, huh.

I was on a real listening tear in October, trying to get ahead of the 4th quarter flood of releases while also realizing that this year I would probably have to get a Best of 2017” list up in November instead of near the end of December. But hey, looks like the pressure is no longer me to do that any more!

Ugh.

As always, here’s a guide to my rating system.

Total number of new/upcoming releases listened to in October 2017: 76

Number of those releases that rated 7-10: 3

Number of those releases that rated 4-6: 50

Number of those releases that rated 1-3: 23

Highest rated album: The self-titled debut from Warbly Jets is really great. Straight from my notes is “Blur + Super Furry Animals + The Verve + Primal Scream = Warbly Jets. I REALLY LIKE THIS.” So, there you have it.

New band I’d never heard of that caught me off guard: WATERS’ I Don’t Wanna Grow Up was a total unexpected pleasure, even though I’ve been told I should have been aware of them quite a long time ago. Whoops!

Most surprising discovery: That Cut Copy could actually release a pretty mediocre album, which made me very, very sad.

No comments: