Tuesday, April 04, 2017

How much new music did I listen to in March 2017? Let's find out!

Me and one of my listening companions.
After a relatively quiet February, I kicked back into high gear during March.

The release schedule seems to be picking up in general and that, coupled with me feeling a little more even-keeled and less likely to retreat into familiar and sentimental listening coves, helped spark this uptick.

And I took full advantage of the brief respite SXSW offers from the non-stop delivery of new albums to my inbox. God bless publicists and bands in general, but I am thankful for that week or so when they all have their hands full and are less likely to be online or promoting anything outside a 1 miles radius of Austin's 6th Street.

Anyway, I knocked out a fair amount of the backlog that was building up. Check out the monthly stats below.

And, as always, your guide to understanding my rating system is here.


Total number of new/upcoming releases listened to in March 2017: 89

Number of those releases that rated 7-10: 6

Number of those releases that rated 4-6: 58

Number of those releases that rated 1-3: 25

Highest rated album: White Reaper - The World's Best American Band

New band I’d never heard of that caught me off guard: Snowball II, a.k.a. "if Nada Surf and Teenage Fanclub had a baby."

Most surprising discovery: That Bush is still releasing new music!

No comments: