Monday, January 25, 2016

Setlist: DJing Liar's Club On Saturday, January 23, 2016.

I've spent MANY< MANY HOURS in this booth in the past.
It's been a really long time since I last DJed publicly, and even longer since I DJed Liar's Club. Saturday was supposed to feature the triumphant return of Kevin Tihista and his long running dance party, but he had to leave town unexpectedly for a funeral. So since there aren't a ton of people in Chicago that can satisfy both Liar's Club regulars and the Saturday night more mainstream crowd, I was called out of semi-retirement. However I didn't relish the idea of a six-hour DJ set right off the bat, so I called on my old partner Rudy, who gamely stepped in (and but the end of the evening reminded my why we made such a good duo in the first place).

The crowd was great, no one was super pushy when it came to requests (and I believe we filled every single one throughout the night) and the night ended up being a ton of fun. I can't see DJing super regularly again, but I'm open to the occasional gig. Once I shook off the initial cobwebs I had a really good time.

Interested in what I played? Here's the full setlist from my end. Heavy on crowd favorites, it didn't stretch too many boundaries, but Saturday's at Liar's Club are about having a good time and getting people to dance, and in that, we totally succeeded.

Set 1 - Early Warm-up
David Bowie “Star Man”
David Bowie “Diamond Dogs”
Beta Band “Dry The Rain”

Set 2 - 11 p.m.
Queen “Don’t Stop Me Now”
Justin Timberlake “My Love (Diplo Mix)
Clash “Lost In The Supermarket”
The Killers “Somebody Told Me”
A Tribe Called Quest “Scenario”
2pac “California Love”
Depeche Mode “Just Can’t Get Enough”
Erasure “A Little Respect”
Jackson 5 “I Want You Back”
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers “American Girl”
Outlast “Hey Ya”
Rick Springfield “Jessie's Girl”
David Bowie “Modern Love”
The Weeknd “I Can't Feel My Face”
AC/DC “She Shook Me All Night Long”
Taylor Swift “Bad Blood”
Sweet “Ballroom Blitz”

Set 3 - 1 a.m.
Sir Mix-A-Lot “Baby Got Back”
Daft Punk “Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger”
Madonna “Like A Prayer”
Dexy’s Midnight Runners “C’mon Eileen”
Kenny logins footloose
Prince “Kiss”
Culture Club “Karma Chameleon”
Duran Duran “The Reflex”
Bay City Rollers “Saturday Night”
Police “So Lonely”
Blur “Girls & Boys”
Pulp “Common People”
Young MC “Bust A Move”
Bob Seger “Old Time Rock & Roll”
Guns ’N Roses “Sweet Child O’ Mine”
The Cure “Just Like Heaven”

No comments: