Thursday, January 29, 2015

Crushing on new music from Colleen Green.

Photo by Eric Penna
I'll save my more comprehensive thoughts on the new Colleen Green album I Want To Grow Up for a full review on Chicagoist when it's released later next month. However I can tell you that the album really excites me. Green obviously has a big '90s album collection, and this LP see her turning her guitars to 11 for most of the record, while her sweet vocals cut through the noise to deliver biting lyrics wrapped in huge hummable melodies. There's a healthy dose of early Veruca Salt and Juliana Hatfield going on here, so if those bands are your thing, then I Want To Grow Up will hit all your pleasure centers.

Here are two songs for you the stream or download so you can see just how right I am.

No comments: