Monday, January 28, 2013

I love "I Love It."


I am not going to pretend I wasn't woefully late to the party when it comes to discovering the sweet bliss that is Icona Pop's "I Love It." Embarrassingly  I only became aware of it while listening to the Pitchfork top 100 songs of the year. Since this is usually a pretty painful effort you can imagine my surprise when "I Love It" broke through the largely monotone din to smack me with silly smiles all across my face. Now, it wasn't exactly a mainstream hit in 2012, but given my musical weaknesses and the crowd of folks I know I can't believe no one introduced me to the tune and I didn't stumble across it on my own.

I guess I should just thank myself that last night's episode of Girls wasn't the first time I heard it because then that would have been really embarrassing.* Anyway, on the off chance you're even more out of the loop than I am, let's fix that right away.


*If last night's episode of Girls was your first time hearing "I Love It," you needn't be embarrassed.  The comment above is directed squarely at myself and no one else.

No comments: