Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Disconnected and it feels so WEIRD.

Now I know what it's like to unplug from the world when you don't want to! Obviously when I'm on vacation I don't find it to be that much of a problem if I can't get online, but right now I'm in Crete, Nebraska and am learning what it's like to be in a town that has zero service for AT&T phones, including tankPHONE. At first I thought it was just me but then another member of the film crew I'm with reported the same problem. And it's freaking me out. It's not like Crete is teensy tiny--it has at least two large manufacturing facilities, a college and a high school from what I can see in my drive around town trying to find a cell signal--so now I know what it's like to actually be somewhere your carrier doesn't cover. On the bright side I definitely got a chance to get the lay of the land as I drove around looking for that elusive (at that time I was unaware it was nonexistent) signal!

Luckily for me I have a Sprint card for my laptop so I can at least get back online to type this, prep for this evening's shoot and get some other work done.

Regardless this is WEIRD.

No comments: