Thursday, July 15, 2010

Ready? Set. Go!

Ready? Set. Go!

The Pitchfork Music Festival kicks off tomorrow and I can admit it is the one music fest this summer I am most looking forward to. The bill is the strongest one I've seen. The headliners do lean towards appeasing old fogies like me but there's plenty great up and coming bands on the bill to even that out. My biggest questions are whether Best Coast and Sleigh Bells will be able to pull of the magic their songs have on album in a live setting and if the Pavement that closes out the fest is the band whose live show I fell in love with in the early '90s or the band I saw limp sadly across the finish line in the late '90s. And a prediction! I will actually in fact have a beer for breakfast on Saturday to start amping me up for Free Energy hitting the stage at the godawful time of 1 p.m. This will also mark my first time being on festival grounds at that unholy hour … but I do love my Free Energy!

See you there?

No comments: