Monday, June 15, 2009

The other Tankboy.

The other Tankboy.

I was out Friday joking with friends about being away from a computer when the Facebook name-grab kick off. I had been planning on using my real name since intend to continue using Facebook as less a professional "Tankboy" resource and more a way to connect with folks I actually know, but I wondered aloud if the "other" Tankboy would snag the moniker for himeslf.

The other Tankboy is a photographer from New York who I've sort of shared the name with. From what I can tell we both started online about the same time, and he snagged tankboy.com before I did. I don't really know that much about him (other than the fact he takes really good photographs) but have always been secretly amused at our parallel existence? Doesn he Google Tankboy and get upset when I come out as the top search? When he signed up for MySpace was he annoyed I was already Tankboy? When he registers to leave a comment somewhere and Tankboy isn't available does he shake his fist at the heavens? Probably not, but it's kind of funny to think of.

Well, Saturday morning I rolled out of bed, got the Facebook name I had intended on getting, and then typed in facebook.com/tankboy just to see if it had been claimed ... and it had! By the other Tankboy! So he DOES still try and snag the name from time to time.

Whaddya know?

Anyway, did you get the Facebook name you wanted?

No comments: