Monday, August 18, 2008

Micro-celebrity.

Micro-celebrity.

When I was walking across the lawn at Lollapalooza a few weeks ago, two girls on a blanket pointed at me and yelled, "That's Tankboy!"

It was a little weird.

The last time I was both unemployed and broke, this space was filled with lots of fun and interesting stories, along with a touch of confessional heartbreak. This time around I'm not really afforded that sort of openness. For one, potential employers will probably peruse these posts so I have to make sure I don't pass along the wrong idea about myself. More importantly though is the fact that now I'm more widely read, obviously publicly recognizable to some minute fraction of the citizenry, and ultimately way more people read and are aware of blogs than they were when I went through the same situation 6 years ago.

So if you've wondering where all the wild and wacky Tankboy adventure stories are, there's your explanation.

No comments: