Monday, July 14, 2008

iTouch 2.0.

iTouch 2.0.

After witnessing the disastrous roll out of the 3G iPhone, and still seething over the price of AT&T's sevice plans, I decided not to save up for an iPhone, and instead drop $9.95 on the new firmware. I actually still had $14 credit in my iTunes account I got for free when I joined up with some TicketMaster promotion (and then, upon getting the credits, immediately withdrew from, heh).

I was unwilling to pay for the last update, but since this new one included all the features introduced in January along with all the App-related stuff, I fugred it was finally worth it. Having my Gmail pushes to my phone is handy, and I actually already used the maps (dig the faux GPS) and notes features.

I've actually run into only one problem with any of the new Apples software, and that's with the iTunes 7 I have installed on my home computer. The version installed on my work computer works flawlessly, but my home computer takes forever to recognize my iPods (between 5 and 10 minutes!) when I plug 'em in. I've already tried to uninstall and reinstall, and even tried a restore to a previous back-up of my system (but apparently that wouldn't work because iTunes hid some newer versions of the files on my computer, scotching the old version of the program from reloading). Anyone have a clue what might be causing the slow load on my home machine?

UPDATE: It ain't just my home computer. My older iPods (year-and-a-half) are taking forever to hook up to the new iTunes at work now as well. WTF?

No comments: