Thursday, May 08, 2008

Gapers Block versus Chicagoist at The Burlington.

Gapers Block versus Chicagoist at The Burlington.

Lauri Apple of Gapers Block asked me a while ago if I'd be interested in representing Chicagoist in a DJ battle against her / Gapers Block at The Burlington tonight. Naturally I accepted the challenge without a second thought.

I believe we'll be splitting the evening into five musical themes with each of us allotted 30 minutes to outdo the other, or something like that. I'll have free stuff from Chicagoist and she'll have GB swag, so hopefully no one has to leave empty handed. Also, I am not above bribing patrons with free CDs in exchange for their vote.

We'll kick off the battle royale at 9 p.m. See you then!


The themes? I believe they are:
  1. Dancey Dance
  2. Soul / Funk
  3. Old Rock
  4. Crap / Weird
  5. Mixx

I think I have number four in the bag.

Flyer by Gina Knapik

No comments: