Friday, March 14, 2008

I employ precautionary measures to ensure maximum fun in the future.

I employ precautionary measures to ensure maximum fun in the future.

Last night I felt a little weird but put it off to the fact that I've been doing an unusually mentally strenuous task at work over the last few days. I made some dinner, sat down on the couch ... and proceeded to totally konk out. My phone woke me up a few hours later, and I realized I might be coming down with something, so I regrettably canceled the evening's plans I had made with a friend, sliced up and ate a few oranges, and then drifted back to sleep.

Y'see, I just can't afford to get sick! I really don't want to have to use any more sick days at work, since Lord knows what the next winter season will bring. I don't really have the time to go see my doctor if I do become sick. And since everyone else has been sick the band has basically been on hiatus for the last month, but we're on the cusp of everyone being back at 100% functionality so I certainly don't want to throw a wrench in that.

Most importantly, I have to be in tip-top shape for my DJ set at The Burlington tomorrow night! Since I go out and support everyone else's bands / DJ sets all the time, tomorrow is your chance to repay the favor, and I want to see YOU there! As an additional incentive, I have asked Blathazar de Ley (La Scala / ex-Menthol) to do an hour set, head-to-head with me, at some point tomorrow evening. It should be a blast. Be there!


(Y'like how I repurposed that image from yesterday?)

No comments: