Tuesday, February 26, 2008

First day of school.

First day of school.

I dropped Betty the Beagle off at doggie daycare this morning -- at a location I feel really good about since it came recommended by quite a few friends -- but it still didn't stop me from feeling like I was dropping my kid off to the first day of kindergarten.

See seemed nervous, and probably will remain so for a couple days, but I have a feeling she'll grow to love it. And hopefully in a few weeks, once the anti-anxiety meds have worked their way into her system, we can resume home training so she can hang out in our place comfortably when I'm not there!

RELATED: I also tested the tranquilizer she's supposed to take when I'm not around at night on her and I have to admit I'm stunned at how long it took to set in. More specifically, I'm stunned at how hard Betty's anxiety fought against the sedative. Eventually though it did relax her. In fact it realxed her so fully she peed in my bed while sleeping next to me last night! Poor little Betty!

No comments: