Tuesday, December 11, 2007

How to book a rock and/or roll show with a fellow promoter (edited for clarity).

How to book a rock and/or roll show with a fellow promoter (edited for clarity).

Superbird and I are co-promoting a show (that just so happens to feature both of our bands) at Subterranean on December 28. I secured the show, but she took care of most of the bill once I asked her band to join in. Here's how it went.

    Superbird: [redacted ... having to do with boring music journo-type stuff only interesting to the two of us]
    Tankboy: if yr gonna parse my phrases that finely, i am getting in my car, driving up north, and slapping the silly out of you.
    Superbird:
    you want to play first or second?
    Tankboy: depends on the 4th band, i want you on after us though
    Superbird: ok cool.
    Tankboy: i'll book a 4th over the weekend
    Superbird: who are you thinking?
    Tankboy: no idea ... kinda waiting to see who shows up at tonight's show, since different combos of people often help me think of good band pairs on bills
    Superbird: excellent
    Tankboy: it's kind of like dowsing, only with whiskey
    Superbird: you're lame
    Tankboy: ok that wasn't even really funny
And that, my friends, is how the professionals do it.

No comments: