Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Therapeutic.

Therapeutic.

Things that made me smile in the last 72 hours:
  • A fresh clove of garlic, just dug from the ground, and eaten whole.
  • Busting a move to "Bust A Move" at Liar's Club with my special lady and some of my best friends.
  • My niece.
  • My nephew.
  • Bashing Harry Potter and deciding that "muggles" are in fact crossbreeds of beagles, pugs, and mutts.
  • The inevitable roast that occurs at any of my family events. We're sharp wits, we are.
  • It was ultimately a bad idea, but it made me smile at the time: White Castle.
  • Band practice.
  • Elvira Arellano's arrest and deportation.*
  • Being told in great detail just how poorly a bar I particularly loathe is doing. Petty? Yes, but it still made me smile. I'm not proud of it, but ...
  • The new Earlimart album.
  • Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me!
  • Thoughts of simpler times, when it just seemed like there was so much more time.
*I believe 100% that we need immigration reform, but that self-centered scofflaw was doing he movement more harm than good.

No comments: