Monday, August 13, 2007

The architect's faulty blueprints finally begin to crumble.

The architect's faulty blueprints finally begin to crumble.

I just woke up and saw the BBC is reporting that Karl Rove has resigned his White House position.

Aw, too bad.

I'm actually surprised, because this means that Rove won't be able to hide behind Bush's vastly inflated, and only recently challenged, abuse of the "privilege" of the Executive Branch.


It's weird timing because it was just this weekend that I was really trying to wrap my head around a lot of the beliefs held by the conservatives that have been guiding the Republican party for the last decade and a half.

I have such a hard time accepting that idea they are simply a self-interested and evil clan bent on bending the world to their will purely for their own advancement to the exclusion of the rest of society; instead I think that they are afflicted with the same faulty reasoning that besets any group that surrounds themselves with a singular line of reasoning to the exclusion of all else. Hard core liberals that refuse to accept any agenda other than their own are just as misguided, in my opinion. No matter what side you're on, when you're surrounded by think tanks that support your every move, yes-men that never question your decisions, and sycophants that parrot your beliefs right back to you, there's a chance you may begin to live in a delusional second reality.

So I think Rove, disastrously, really believes that his actions were for the best of everyone involved, and I think that's why you get the same stunned reaction that he and almost everyone that's publicly fallen from Bush's administration displays; a mixture of confusion and bristling annoyance that their plans either aren't working, or that the public just hasn't been patient enough to allow their ideas to be fully implemented.

Of course, I'm still trying to figure out how massive kick-backs to corporate pals, the wholesale rape of the environment, and the steady erosion of civil rights is in the public interest, so I guess you could say I'm glad that Rove's tenure has been cut short, and that the public is so visibly losing patience with he and his ilk.

It took "us" long enough.

No comments: