Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Riverboat Gamblers AND Birds Of Avalon AND Valient Thorr AND ...

Riverboat Gamblers AND Birds Of Avalon AND Valient Thorr AND ...

I usually don't get so excited about something as seemingly inconsequential as a local tour date announcement, but look at this line up.


Ho-lee shee-it, THAT is one HELL of a line-up. We already know how I feel about The Birds Of Avalon and The Riverboat Gamblers, and every time they're in town I seem to miss Valient Thorr, so I'm really looking forward to this.

Which reminds me, I was flipping through FUSE the other day ands say a video for The Riverboat Gamblers. I almost fell off the couch in surprise. The treatment was a bunch of B-movie sci-fi horror schlocky fun. I have a hard time envisioning some mall punk digging them, but I guess some of the guitars on their latest are clean enough to appeal to that sort of ear. And they certainly can knock out the high octane hooks. Hmmmm ... and I just noticed the Chicago stop is an all-ages show.

Shit, it's going to be packed in there, isn't it?

Here's that video I was talking about.

No comments: