Monday, June 11, 2007

Pictures from the Batman set.

Pictures from the Batman set.

These are all shots from one of the Batman sets (no, I'm not telling you where it is) where they're doing some filming for The Dark Knight over the next few weeks ... it looks like they've built a couple rooms in the lobby. The picture with the bookshelves? Those shelves are actually covering huge elevator banks. Maybe this is one of Bruce Wayne's places? That's my guess since Christian Bale was on the set filming over the weekend ...


Sorry about that, but Warner is apparently upset these photos got out, even though there are NO signs prohibiting photography in the building the photos were taken. My guess is that the buildings' own security team was tasked with keeping people off the set, but judging by the number of random folks you can see wandering around and gawking at the set throughout the day, they're obviously doing a pretty bad job of it.

Like I said, there are absolutely no signs saying photos can't be taken (and, duh, there's a huge window on one side of the set so anyone walking by outside can snap pictures to their little heart's content) so personally I feel that I shouldn't have to take down the photos. However, because I'm a considerate fellow, and a fan of what the studio has allowed Christopher Nolan to do with Batman, I've removed them from my site.

Don't fret too much though, considering the number of people that have been through here in the past few days I'm sure the shots will live on upon various other fan sites and message boards.

UPDATE: Well, I'm guessing by the number of hits that this post has been discovered by the Batman fan community. Welcome folks. I usually write more about music and pop culture stuff, so feel free to look around while you're here. Also, thanks to those of you that have helpfully pointed out that the set above is most probably Bruce Wayne's penthouse.

No comments: