Tuesday, March 27, 2007

System recovery.

System recovery.

Okay, I think I've had almost enough sleep to make up for the deficit suffered this weekend. The weird thing is I usually get by on four to six hours a sleep a night anyway, so you would think I would be able to bounce back more quickly, but I guess once you push the inner clock until its springs and coils are trembling under the constant workload, it's going to take a day or two to synchronize the system again.

Luckily, for me personally, this is a light week. No DJing. No shows I have to see. No unreasonable deadlines. The only thing that is even slightly torturous about the next few days is the realization that while Chicago experiences record breaking highs that translate into beautiful spring afternoons, I'll be stuck in an office behind a computer. Oh well, at least I like my job, otherwise that situation would be unbearable.

However, if you're looking for things to do this week, I gave a bunch of concert suggestions here, focusing on local talent that often gets criminally overlooked. Most of the shows are cheap, and some are even free(!), so if you get the itch to take in some live music and are open to discovering a great new band or two, you can't go wrong with these ideas.

No comments: