Saturday, January 06, 2007

First, a piece of business.

The Chicago Tribune continued to "get with it" bt profiling one of my favorite local bands, The Ladies & Gentlemen, in yesterday's paper. I think it actually does a fine job of catching what the whole project is all about and describing it in a way that even a little old lady could get. It's only taken them, um, three or four years to figure out how good Skid and the gang are.

Ah well, better late than never!

The Ladies & Gentlemen play tonight at Subterranean with another excellent local outfit, Plane. I haven't seen Plane in over a year so I might try and make it out of the house for the first time since NYE. With Plane, you're never sure exactly what to expect. You're always going to get some excellent New Order inspired pop, but you might also walk into a ten-minute rhythmic workout that combines the best parts of Kraftwerk with some catchy, crunchy, '70s-style rock.

__________

This is actually pretty geeky if you think about it.

The illustration below originally appeared in yesterday's post, but I had to remove it since, according to JB the "boob cat" was too distracting. Never mind that I thought it was kind of a cute real-life recreation of the Firefox logo and wanted to share it for that reason alone.


However, in retrospect, I guess I can see how it would be distracting if you didn't catch the visual reference right off the bat.

No comments: