Friday, January 12, 2007

De-lurk!

Seriously. It's official. Identify yourself via comment or email.

And, randomly ...

  • The new Ponys disc is their best. I dug the urgency of the first one, enjoyed them finding their way through the second one, and I'm really appreciating their grasp on this third effort. Also, they might just deserve the award for nicest buzz-band on the planet.

  • The new The Good, The Bad & The Queen ... I can't get a read on it, honestly. Far more drowsy than I expected, but I think it's a grower. There are more layers in there that keep spiraling outward each time I spin the disc, so we'll see. The final verdict is not in yet, though.

  • Debonair is actually fun. Color me pleasantly surprised.


  • Liar's Club was hopping last night. Upstairs and down! Kudos to JB and Lisa for the fun-filled mix upstairs. I dug what the downstairs guy was trying to do, but it was nearly as much as the silliness the gals were throwing down.

  • I am going to see Mission Of Burma tonight. I am very excited. My face is going to melt off and I am going to love it.

  • The Fratellis will be the next band bloggers go gonzo over, and this is why. Download the mp3 for "Chelsea Dagger" right here.

Oh yes, and have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: