Thursday, September 28, 2006

Yeah, so I still can't get online.

This is frustrating. I've got a new laptop, snappy wireless network, and a modem that doesn't seem to want to cooperate. You see I got this LinkMAX HSA300A-2 modem when I signed up with Earthlink oh-so many moons ago. When Photogal and I moved, we went with SBC Yahoo and my Earthlink configured modem worked just fine. Well, now I've got it hooked up to a D-Link WBR-1310 wireless router, and the router configured just fine, but the SBCYahoo software can't find the modem, even when I'm connected to my wireless network.

Argh!

So, do any tech-savvy people have any ideas for me? And don't say, "Just hop on your neighbor's unprotected signal." because I tried that last night in hopes of getting some online tech support, but my computer couldn't even connect to the Internet through that.

Sorry to bore you with this, but it's driving me nuts!

P.S. If anyone has been trying to contact me via MySpace, I'm not ignoring you, I just haven't been able to log in this week. They blocked access to it at work and, obviously, I haven't been able to get online at home, so, there you have it.

No comments: