Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Music for the puppies and the kitties.

So it must have been a month or two ago that Photogal approached me asking if I had anything to donate to a fundraiser for PAWS (Pets Are Worth Saving) her company was having. Every year they hold an auction for these donated items and all the proceeds go towards helping out PAWS. Since Photogal and I are suckers for animals – having pulled the car over to chase lost puppies and kitties on more than one occasion – we tried to come up with something kind of cool for the fundraiser.

She knew that I was utilizing guest DJs at The Pontiac all summer long, so she asked if maybe I’d like to auction off a spot spinning with me, including a lesson if the winning bid belonged to a novice, and I said yes without hesitation. Hopefully we could use this to raise a few bucks.

Well, the auction came and went, and Photogal called me breathlessly after the bidding was finished. The conversation went something like this:

TANKBOY: So, c'mon, how did it go?
PHOTOGAL: It went oooookay.
TANKBOY: Did anyone buy the guest DJ spot?
PHOTOGAL: Um, yeah.
TANKBOY: Well, for how much?
PHOTOGAL: It was … um, pretty popular.
TANKBOY: Really?!
PHOTOGAL: Um, yeah.
TANKBOY: So?!
PHOTOGAL: It brought in the highest bid of the whole auction.
TANKBOY: WHAT?!
PHOTOGAL: Yeah, a little bidding war actually broke out over it!
TANKBOY: WOW! AWESOME!
PHOTOGAL: YEAH!

I’m not going to tell you what the winning bid was, but I will tell you that, if a puppy or kitty wanted to, they could buy an iPod with the money generated by putting tonight’s guest DJ spot up for auction!

Because of the winner's unbelievable generosity, I would like to make sure his experience is as positive as can be, so I'm hoping to get a nice healthy crowd out to The Pontiac to see him spin. Seriously, by coming by and hanging out tonight you'll be rewarding someone who gave quite a bit of his own support for a very worthy cause. Plus, we know him well enough to say he will play some great music!


So, the details are:

TONIGHT

August 22
at
The Pontiac

DJ Tankboy
is joined by DJ D²
the winner of
the PAWS charity auction
guest DJ spot!

9pm until 2am

$3 bottles of Budweiser
$3 shots of Maker's Mark

No comments: