Monday, June 05, 2006

Complications.

So, and I should have thought of this way earlier but I didn’t. I need turntables for this Thursday’s Chicagoist anniversary party. I guess I got so used to using my iPod or CDs I plumb forgot about folks spinning with vinyl. (Okay, that’s not true, but it does explain why I didn’t even think to ask our talented guest DJ what gear she needed for the evening.

So does anyone out there
have some turntables
we can borrow Thursday night?

I’ll buy you a few drinks for saving the day. I mean, if worse comes to worse, I’ll just rent ‘em, but since I’m promoting the show gratis that means I would actually lose money…and I’m not a rich man so I prefer it doesn’t come to that.

So, a little help? I swear I'm usually more prepared than this...

Also, it appears as if the mixer I had planned on using with guest DJs on Tuesday nights is no longer available so does anyone have any recommendations on where to get a reasonable dual CD mixer…preferably in the Chicago area?

Thanks.

No comments: