Monday, March 13, 2006

Coming up for air.

I slept on my head funny and my hair looks like something out of a Farrah Fawcet poster.

The trade show is going well even if I have lost all sense of what day it is. It kind of reminds me of working in the service industry in the way that there really is no difference between a weekend and a weekday. I think I'm going to take some time off after the show though to do work on the building and start packing up the house in advance of the move at the end of the month. Photogal has been a working fiend as far as painting and minor carpentry goes and, while I haven't exactly been slacking due to the nine to five (or, this week, the ??? to ???), I feel like I have to do a truckload of work from my end to even things out.

Did I mention how cute the pooches were last night during the thunder storm? They got all shaky and tried to burrow into my side for safety so I had to spend quite a while hugging them and reassuring them everything was okay. Not a bad way to unwind after ten hours of staning on your feet on a thin carpet supported by an unforgiving cement floor.

Anyway, my brain is scattered and I need to perk it up with some coffee before I catch the bus. Oh yeah, the public trans experiment has been a success so far. As a matter of fact there is a free Metra train between the convention center and downtown so that's shaved a good twenty minutes off the time it would take me if I were just depending on the CTA's bus and train system alone. However if I want to make use of it today I really should be going so...

No comments: