Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Par-ti-ci....say it...pation!

I think it's pretty funny that I could be heading out to the gym at roughly the same time I used to stumble home from an evening out in the old days. Were those days that old? I guess it has been about three years since I made a conscious decision to one tone it down and attempt to align myself somewhat with the working ranks of "the daytime people." The funny thing is that back then I was pretty functional both night and day. For a good portion of that time I was working unbelievable hours, though it didn't hurt that tail end of those hours included getting loaded in a bar...that helped take the edge off.

Anyway that's really neither here nor there and I'm not even sure why that cropped up when what I really wanted to say was that tonight at innjoy we're hosting a kind of audience appreciation night. Bring in your iPod with a short playlist,say five songs or so, and we'll plug you into the board sometime after 11pm. Sound fun? It is! Just don't bring any Andrew WK since I'm sure $in has that all covered...no Grateful Dead or new Country either. Everything else goes though.

We'll also be spinning new Franz Ferdinand, Metric, Twilight Singers, Morningwood, Editors, Dogs, Robyn and all kinds of other kick-ass tuneage. Plus you can bid me bon voyage before I head over to London...wheee!

No comments: