Thursday, May 26, 2005

So THIS is what pre-dawn looks like when you're not drunk!

Man, I can't even get my eyes tyo stay open of their own accord yet. We're going to a taping of Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me tonight so I've got to get to work extra early to have any chance of getting back in time for the show. This means I'll get to see a whole new crowd at the gym this morning since I'll be there a good hour or two earlier than usual. Speaking of the gym I ran into a girl who works out at the same time as I most days a week and I realized she was friends with a bunch of people I know. This poses a problem.

You see, if I run into her again with my friends we will inevitably be introduced. That means that when we run into each other at the gym we'll have to indulge in small talk. And I'll be cognizant that someone I know is in the room when I'm stretching or contorting myself into unflattering positions of sweating puddles everywhere I step. You see, I like the anonymity I have at the gym. It's freedom. I mean, it took me years to get over being so incredibly self-concious about working out in front of other people before I even joined the gym and I think one of the ways I did this was through the belief that when no one knows who you are, no one cares what you look like or what you're doing.

(That's a maxim those guys who constantly pose in front of the mirrors should take to heart. No one cares dude.)

Yeah, I'm a dork to even think or worry about things like that but so what? I'll get over it.

No comments: