Wednesday, January 12, 2005

A moment of reflection.

Here’s how it is. At the core, I am Rob from High Fidelity. I’m the kind of guy who wants to be out late at night. I’m going to keep wondering if there’s something better out there and I will keep digging on female attention that does not stem from my girlfriend. I mean, is there someone out there who will be into having mad monkey sex with me twenty days a month and on those few days sex isn’t an option will enjoy just going to town on me without any thought of their own pleasure.

Well, maybe. But that doesn't really matter.

Why?

I love Photogal.

I mean, we’re connected. We’ve been back and forth, around the bend, over the river, through the woods and way beyond grandma’s house. I’ve hit that High Fidelity moment where I realize that, sure it could be better, but it could never be this good. For that I can come home early and snuggle and not feel cheated.

Does that make sense?

I don’t wanna say she’s my soul mate because that’s just cheesy as hell…but I do wanna say I can’t imagine ever not wanting to protect her and I certainly can’t imagine being with anyone else.

So is that sweet or what?¹

¹This message has been brought to you with too little time to think about what I’m typing and an overwhelming sense of honesty. I hope you’ve enjoyed it.


No comments: