Wednesday, December 15, 2004

What I learned last night.

  • When it’s really fucking cold no one shows up at Ten56. Okay, amend that. People show up when it’s cold after it’s been cold for a while, but Chicago has been hit by the frigid winds pretty late this season so folks haven’t had time to adjust.
  • Skid and Jeramy are troopers because, even in the cold, they’ll show up and shoot pool all night long.
  • Skid is also a true gentleman because he realized the guy he was playing pool against was the same guy who took a swing at him a few months ago. The guy didn’t remember so Skid took the high road and just kept on shooting.
  • Photogal loves the Southern boogie-rock and so do the majority of the folks left over from drinking the free beer from 8 until 9 at Ten56.
  • Better Off Dead is still laugh out loud funny even when you’re only reading the subtitles.
  • Stripes is awfully similar to Full Metal Jacket in that the first half of the movie is genius but the closing act is less than perfect. This doesn’t keep either Bill Murray or Matthew Modine from being any less godly in their acting abilities.
  • Fifteen minute cab rides home are the perfect time to plug in your iPod.
  • Pink Floyd’s Dark Side Of The Moon is the perfect soundtrack to pipe through your iPod on a fifteen minute cab ride home.
  • Pink Floyd’s Dark Side Of the Moon reminded me of the only thing I really enjoyed about getting high in high school in that I would go home, pull on my Walman’s headphones and pop in the Floyd. Or Jane’s Addiction’s “Ted, Just Admit It.” It really just depended on my mood.
  • I can’t believe that’s Rudy in the picture below. (You can click on the photo itself to enlarge the picture and get a better look.)



  • I mean, he looks like he’s seventeen or something! It’s wild.
  • I’m getting off topic, aren’t I?
  • I also learned that when the girl that grabbed your ass at your girlfriend’s Christmas party shows up at the bar you’re DJing at it looks really bad…until another of your girlfriend’s co-workers shows up and it turns out he suggested the bar.
  • Apparently girls ask other girls how they met their boyfriends, how long they’ve been together and stuff like that, especially when the girl asking is going through a break-up. I guess it’s some sort of “well, it works for them so it’ll work for me someday” thing. For the record, guys never ask each other those sorts of questions. At least they don’t ask those questions of virtual strangers.
  • Chicks dig the shorter hair. Who knew?
  • Punk rockers can’t tell the difference between a Lindsay Lohan track and The Muffs. Seriously. Nothing funnier than watching some skinhead bop along to Lohan’s “First.”
  • Tom really will stick around all night long to make sure I don't play anything by Paris Hilton. He didn't catch the lohan track either, though. Ha!
  • Man, is Better Of Dead so funny!

Okay, now I’m just repeating myself, though the repeated point really cannot be stressed enough, so I’ll take my leave for the day.


No comments: