Wednesday, November 17, 2004

A series of completely unrelated topics.

I’m feeling particularly fertile this morning, so let’s hop around a bit.

__________

The top five stupidest things I’ve ever uttered during a date:


1. I’d better kiss you now so you don’t think I’m gay.
2. You’re a virgin? You’re kidding, right?
3. No, I can’t come over later, I have to get up early tomorrow.
4. Just because I was kissing her doesn’t mean we’re here together. Let’s go.
5. Do you want to grab some dinner with my ex on the way home?

For the record, I’ve only been on one actual official date in my entire life, and that’s where line number one came from. The other ones were spoken during a period of “hanging out” amongst a crowd of mutual friends.
__________

I want to marry Kim Deal.

Seriously. Photogal was all like, “You think she’s hot? She’s kinda homely.”

I said, “Listen to her voice and look at her smile. Kim Deal is the perfect rock and roll girl.”

Period.
__________

Yesterday (well, the day at least) sucked.

What happens when I get motivated enough to get up really early and get to the gym really early because I have to get to work really early so I can go see The Pixies who are playing really early that night?

The car I’m driving is guaranteed to break down. And then I’m guaranteed to get dicked around by not one, not two, but three auto repair shops.

Oh yeah, and then I’ll have problems working from home because my ancient computer can’t always process the Lotus e-mail site for work. On top of that, in the midst of all the running from one car place to another, I spilled water all down the crotch of my pants. I am so fucking suave.
__________

Blogga please.

First of all, since there were 4,500 people at the Pixies show last night I really didn’t expect to run into anyone I know. As it turned out I couldn’t take more than a few steps without running into someone I knew. I even saw this guy, who I’ve never met before and only really discovered through reading someone else’s blog.

Wild. It's weird when cyber-stuff bumps into the ReaLife™.

What was even weirder is that through his blog you’d think he’s some crazy party dude, but in the midst of a billion people he looked just like another young kid, slightly confused and searching for his friends. It was kind of touching. It reminded me of when I was younger too.
__________

A’shearin’ we will go?

Okay, the hair is getting a bit too long and proved rather unwieldy as it puffed up and gathered sweat during last night’s show. Maybe it’s time to get it cut for the holidays. All hands up everyone who agrees.

Mom, you can’t vote since I already know how you feel about it, so put your hand down.
__________

He's just not into you.

Okay, this book has infiltrated its way into the (I thought) intelligent cirlce of rock and/or roll females I know. The lunacy must stop! So, since girls can't seem to figure it out for themselves, let me save you a whole bunch of time and money by breaking down the cetral truth that probably isn't even in the stupid book.


If you have to ask, then he's just not into you. Move on.


See? that was easy!
__________

Ethan Hawke looks like a monkey.

That was the first thing Photogal said when watching Before Sunset the other night. Aside from that, the movie is that rare sequel that is actually better than the original. Or maybe I think that because I’ve aged at the same rate as the characters in the movie so I’m better able to relate to them now.

Also, the ending absolutely rocked. Perfect.

Hmm…that’s seems a good not to end today’s entry on…perfect.

No comments: