Thursday, October 14, 2004

Well, we’re shocked…and stunned.

I have seen lots of live music in my time. I have seen so much live music that it’s safe to say that while the spectacle of the show still moves me there really isn’t that much that actually catches me off guard anymore..

Last night caught me off guard.



The third band that played, after my friends were done, was from Norway and were absolutely nothing like the openers. Think of Debbie Harry meets Duran Duran with distortion and amped up on Johnny Rotten and you begin to get an idea of what Surferosa was like. I personally got shoved across the dance floor a few times by their diminutive singer Mariann and that was one of the tamer moments of the show. Apparently they’ve been on tour with The Killers and last night was an off night so they just picked up a show in Chicago. A full review will appear at DoneWaiting in the next day or two.

If you get a chance to see them, do NOT pass it up!
__________

My first and only post about the debates.

The Decadent West has posted a gut-busting re-envisioning of last night's debate with Mortal Kombat's Sub Zero as the moderater. Read the whole thing here and brink a hankie to dab at the tears that will be leaking from your eyes. Fuuuuuunny.

No comments: