Wednesday, August 04, 2004

(insert subject here)

I just saw my dad – he's been in the hospital for the last two weeks due to fluid in his lung but I haven’t really wanted to write about it since every couple of days they say he'll be well enough to go home – and I'm a tad bummed. Well, more than a tad, obviously, but there's nothing I can really do, right? The most frustrating thing is that he's supposed to be undergoing an experimental treatment at the University of Chicago but they can't start the damn protocol until this current boo-boo is fixed.

In lighter fare, last night went well even though I stayed out too late. Again Rudy had a super-tight set and I was a bit more varied, but in a good way this time. I didn’t feel as unfocused as last week. I've noticed that my selections have been getting further and further out there while Rudy’s style is getting more and more honed until his musical choices begin to focus on the listeners while laser-like intensity. Our styles balance well with each other.

Anyway, between my late bed-time and visiting my dad I'm not really in the mood to share today so I'll put off the Mexico recap until tomorrow.

No comments: