Monday, August 16, 2004

Circle of life?

So every day that I drive into work I come within close proximity to, and directly under the flight paths of, O'Hare International Airport here in Chicago. Sometimes I think of all the people constantly arriving in and departing from where I currently live and I wonder if there’s some sort of meaning behind it, some sort of complex mathematical algorithm that must be adhered to in order to maintain balance, a particular balance that must be maintained in order to avoid chaos.

I bring this up because I got a call this morning, almost exactly one week after my father passed away, to inform me that my sister-in-law had gone into labor and by the end of the day I would be an uncle for the first time in my life.

Funny how that works, huh?
__________

...and a dubious honor.

If you type my last name in Google (or virtually any search engine) my dad's obit comes up at the top of the list. Finally he's famous!

And that, friends, is an example of how my family utilizes dark humor in trying situations...
__________

DSL problems.

So my DSL at home crapped out a few days ago. (This post was actually written in Word old-school-stylee, transferred to a good ol' fashioned floppy and transmitted from a computer other than my own.) Apparently my old provider's portal finally rejected me and I didn't realize I didn't have the software to access our current provider, SBC. So I get the software. And it needs 64MB of RAM when I only have 60MB of RAM...any suggestions from the more computer-literate minds out there? Any way I can jerry-rig my computer to get the software on there?
__________

Also, I am apparently going straight to hell...

Sorry Mom and Dad, it wasn't your fault! I got a score of 210...what did you get?

No comments: