Thursday, August 26, 2004

A child of the 70's.

Back in 1995 my friend Mark and I scored tickets to see Mike Watt tour behind his debut album. I was stoked becasue I dug Watt to the extreme and opening the show would be the brand spankin' new little band named Foo Fighters. Back then, folks really didn’t know what to expect so the show sold slowly...until it was announced that Watt's rhythm guitarist would be Eddie Vedder! ( I had guessed he might come along since his then-wife’s band, Hovercraft, was the first band playing that night.) Anyway, obviously the show sold out and I have terrific memories of that night, even if the huge grey brick of a cell-phone I had at that time kept missing Vedder’s calls after the show (we were with friends of his) so we missed the post-show carousing with the band.

Anyway, up until today, all I had were fond memories of how terrific the evening sounded...until I came across this site! This is a stereo recording of the show I was at and it's a scorcher! Download and relive the glory alongside with me, won’t you?
_________

Holy crap!

Psychic TV is playing at The Empty Bottle on November 19?!!!!!!

I am so there.

No comments: