Saturday, July 03, 2004

A weekend update with Tankboy.

No I haven’t written. I’m on vacation damnit! However, a few bullet points to get everyone caught up with the exciting life that is mine.

- My birthday was tremendous. All the bands were awesome, I finally got Cisco pike’s demo so I can spin the hell out of it on Tuesdays, Rudy remembered to with me a happy birthday from the stager about twenty-three million times, Skid did a cover of “Boys Keep Swinging” for me since he knows I love Bowie, and I got fun gifts and was happy to see so many of my friends in one place!

- Spiderman 2 is better than the first one. May Sam Raimi never stop directing these films. Also, don’t let Joel Schumacher anywhere near this franchise!


- I saw the Suicide Girls Burlesque show last night and I have to give it a great big…eh. The girls were hot and the crowd was into it but it all got boring pretty quickly. Even when they sprayed chocolate and whipped cream all over each other. The girl with the hula hoop was awesome though!

- Things don’t look good for my dad but I do believe in miracles so we’ll see what happens. His hair is still in his head, which is unheard of for someone who’s gone through as much chemo as he has, so he’s definitely the fightin’ type! One could say I’m optimistic on this subject. Thanks to all that have sent me words of encouragement for him.

- I gave up a road trip with Woolworthy to stay in town and go out on a boat on Lake Michigan tonight to see the fireworks so it damn well better stop raining or there will be hell to pay!

Okay, back to packing up all my earthly belongings in preparation for the big move next Saturday…and just so you have something to look forward to, photos from the birthday show will be up in a few days…

No comments: