Monday, February 16, 2004

The D and Me.

I saw Urge Overkill on Saturday night and am still a bit run-down from the experience. Let's just say Tankboy had a wee bit too much to drink. So much so that I bailed after only a few songs into Urge's set! They were good but I'm seeing the band in Minneapolis in a few weeks anyway so I don't feel too badly about it.

I'm glad I went though since I not only got to see Michigan boys The Sights open the show but I also got to see super-secret other opening act Tenacious D. I even managed to corner Jack Black and shoot off a few comments. Due to my level of inebriation it would have been totally fair for the guy to cock an eyebrow at me and breeze by but he actually leaned in to address my queries and resisted keeling over after being blasted by my booze-breath in close quarters. Jack Black is officially a nice guy in my book.

I was supposed to go to the show tonight with Rudy but since I never heard from him -- I'm guessing he too had a late night after playing with Menthol -- I spent the evening in with Betty the Beagle.

As I predicted...another wild rock star weekend for me!

Erm, I'm gonna go make some soup now.

No comments: