Wednesday, September 17, 2003

Randomness One

I’ve realized I write really well either right after a night of boozing it up or right in the middle of a long stretch of sobriety. Unfortunately I come up with most of my best ideas in the midst of a drunken stupor and forget ‘em until someone else reminds me later on.

Randomness Two

When it comes to matching a natural voice in writing I think women are much better at it then we are. I mean, just from the few blogs I regularly read this is glaringly obvious. The Watergirl provides the running soundtrack I wish I had access to when I was younger, Nanki provides an uncensored look into just trying to survive a pregnancy and Daisy Glaze’s rants just keep building steam until you can actually hear her yelling in frustration.

Sites written by men tend to be more studied. Hell, even my writing barely hides the grinding gears as I try to hammer sentences into coherence. The end result is more studied and stilted and a tad to post-ironic to really emotionally register. Girls just seem to have a knack for letting their inner voice hit the page more directly.

One exception to this rule though is Danielle who writes like a dude and is gut-bustingly hilarious while doing so.

Randomness Three

I review the new Kill Hannah disc here. Currently listening to the new Sting and completely shocked that it doesn’t suck. What else doesn’t suck? The new Bowie. It rules.

No comments: