Wednesday, May 21, 2003

This guy really gets to me.

Okay...so Jayson Blair fooled a lot of people and really damaged the credibility of one of the best US based sources for daily news...so does he really have to treat the situation like it's one big joke. Wotta creep.

Workin’ nine to five…gotta make a livin’…

From the working front I can report that things are going swimmingly. I freaked a little bit last week because a) it took a few days for me to sort out some software/hardware issues and I hate feeling like I'm not completing anything b) I am really unused to commuting thirty miles to work and c) I'm going through some major adjustments because my friend Diann living with me at the moment. Yes my ex is back from New York living with me and no it’s none of your business so don’t ask. I’m tired of answering questions about it, okay?

My new job is a lot broader than I first thought and I seem to be doing a fair amount of layout and design in addition to the technical writing I was hired for. Another great thing about this place is that I'm kept in the loop for every step of product development so I feel like I'm learning quite a bit. It's pretty cool actually.

The only thing I just can't seem to adjust to is "lunch." I'm the kind of person that would rather grab a quick bite and work through lunch if it means getting more work done and getting home faster. Unfortunately the rush-hour going into Chicago from this direction seems to be pretty heavy from about 3:30 until 8:00 or so...in other words it doesn't make a difference when I get out of here I still am not getting home anytime quick! Anyway, back to the lunch issue, I just don't seem to dig the hour off and wander around type of lunch. Maybe after I get settled in I will but right now I just like to keep busy from the second I step in to the building until I'm walking out the door.

Having said that, I've finished my mid-afternoon snack and now it's time to get back to work!

No comments: