Wednesday, April 16, 2003

Whew!

It was a long night DJing last night since Rudy and I both were on the wagon. I didn't really feel like showing up for my third day of work reeking of bourbon (not to mention one of the reasons I really wanted a day job was to cut waaay down on the late nights) and Rudy had an early meeting today that he really needed to be fresh for. However I can tell you that right around 11:30 or 12:00 both of us felt our resolve breaking down as our sets seemed to stretch endlessly before us and the clientele around us grew more inebriated.

But we stood firm!

I am so proud of us.

Speaking of Woolworthy I just set up a show for them out in Columbus, Ohio with the help of Robert Duffy over at Done Waiting. Thus begins our dream of helping bands book DIY tours across the country hop-scotching from one musically minded community to another. More details on the show will be posted in the next few days.

Now I have to prepare to take a meeting with some market research folks. I feel so professional.

No comments: